Community & Leadership
Jason’s commitment to community involvement and public service began at an early age when he was called on by his peers as a seventh-grader to serve as class president—a role he continued in through graduation from high school. Jason and his wife Laurie arrived in Conway when they were only 18 years of age to attend the University of Central Arkansas. While at UCA he served on the Student Judicial Board and served as a congressional intern in the office of former Second Congressional District Representative Ray Thornton. Jason and Laurie both worked their way through college at UCA with Jason employed at United Parcel Service and Laurie at Wal-Mart. The Rapert's know the value of a dollar and the hard work it takes to make a living and run a household in Arkansas.
Today, Jason is a financial advisor and co-owner of Rapert & Pillow Financial. Laurie has helped educate the children of Conway as a teacher at Ida Burns Elementary School and Conway Christian School. She currently teaches part-time at Liberty Academy Homeschool Co-op in Conway and homeschools their two daughters.
Jason is the founder and former president of Holy Ghost Ministries, Inc. (HGM), a faith based humanitarian missions organization providing clean water and assistance to the poor and orphans in Ghana West Africa, Uganda and the Philippines. His vision was to simply help those who cannot help themselves and has based the organization upon the idea of "Serving God by Serving Others". HGM has coordinated and worked with various organizations to complete projects around the world including fresh water wells, toilet facilities, malaria net distributions, village feedings, orphanage support, church facilities, an annual scholarship fund for the Southern Ghana Bible College, school tuition assistance, medical assistance and a zero percent interest microfinance loan to an entrepreneur. The organization is currently working on other sustainable development projects to teach people how to help themselves rather than be dependent upon foreign aid or charity. Jason has personally served on the mission field eight times since 2004 and has led several mission teams to Africa.
A Trusted Servant Leader
Jason is a true servant of his community. He is a member of the Conway Rotary Club which raises funds annually for Faulkner County community scholarships at their pancake breakfast held in conjunction with Toad Suck Daze, and he served on the board of directors for the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce for several years. When Conway Christian School needed to raise funds for the construction of a new elementary building, Jason was asked to serve on an advisory board that led to the creation of the Conway Christian School Foundation.
Jason lives his life to serve others. Whether he is helping families invest for their future, serving on the mission field building water wells for African children, or serving on the boards of church and community organizations, you will find Jason giving back to others and trying to improve humankind. When Conway Rotary awarded Jason the Rotarian of the Year Award in 2007, it was based upon the life of service to others he has made a way of life.
Jason is currently involved, or has formerly been involved, with various organizations including the following:
- Holy Ghost Ministries, Inc., President and Founder
- Rotary International, Member
- The Conway Rotary Club, Past President
- Rotary International District 6170, Past Assistant Governor
- Gideons International, former Vice President
- Conway Christian School Foundation, Board of Directors
- Conway Area Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Conway Symphony Orchestra, Board of Directors
- Faulkner County Leadership Institute, Class of 2002
- Faulkner County Republican Party, Member
- The Republican National Committee, Member
- Arkansas Republican Party Tusk Club, Member
- Future Farmers of America, Alumni Association
- Arkansas Farm Bureau, Member
- Arkansas Cattlemen's Association, Member
- Angus Association, Member
- National Rifle Association, Life Member
- Sanctuary of Hope Church, Ordained Minister
- Christians United For Israel, Member
- Central Arkansas Fiddlers Association, Member